How to structure your links

This is one of the most important SEO lessons you’ll ever read. Make sure that you understand this before creating any backlinks.

For you to understand this much better, I decided to do an example as if I’m backlinking to a website.

Let’s say I have a website about Texas bbq sauce.

Site name: www.Johny Blaze.com
Target keyword: TX BBQ Sauce

So I want to rank for the keyword TX BBQ Sauce What I would do is create a page about it, put a 1,000-word article review. The URL of my new page would look like this. www.JohnyBlaze.com/texas-bbq-sauce

However, if your website is already TEXASBBQSAUCE.COM (exact match domain), I suggest that you change that new page’s URL to TEXASBBQSAUCE.COM/TX-BARBEQUE

DO NOT REPEAT THE SAME WORD ON YOUR URL This will trigger over optimization and will get your site penalize.

LINK STRUCTURE When you build your backlinks, make sure that you’ll use LSI keywords. These are keywords related to your main keyword but not exactly the same word. In our example, www.JohnyBlaze.com/texas-bbq-sauce Your main keyword is texas bbq sauce When you build your backlinks, do not just use the exact keyword (texas bbq sauce) for every link that you’ll create. So for every 15 links that you’ll create, only use your main keyword once or twice (max). This is how your links schedule could be: (the URL is the backlink destination) (the anchor text is the text you’ll use to link to that URL) (http://, www. – they count as different backlink destination in the eyes of Google)

Anchor text Backlink Destination URL
1st backlink Texas Barbeque – http://johnyblaze.com
2nd backlink Texas – http://johnyblaze.com
3rd backlink JohnyBlaze – http://www.johnyblaze.com
4th backlink http://johnyblaze.com – http://www.johnyblaze.com
5th backlink www.johnyblaze.com – http://www.johnyblaze.com
6th backlink click here – www.johnyblaze.com
7th backlink texas bbq sauce – www.JohnyBlaze.com/texas-bbq-sauce
8th backlink TX BBQ SAUCE – www.JohnyBlaze.com/texas-bbq-sauce
9th backlink texas barbeque sauce – http://www.JohnyBlaze.com/texas-bbq-sauce
10th backlink bbq sauce – Johnyblaze.com
11th backlink City of Alamo – www.johnyblaze.com
12th backlink Johny Blaze Home based factory – http://johnyblaze.com
13th backlink TX’s bbq hot sauce – www.JohnyBlaze.com/texas-bbq-sauce
14th backlink San Antonio – http://johnyblaze.com
15th backlink organic pigs – http://www.JohnyBlaze.com/
16th backlink Blaze – http://Johnyblaze.com

 

And that’s how you structure your links. Notice how I only use the main keyword once, and the page URL at only 4 times. I did this to not get over optimized. In addition, you’ll spread the building of these links into a few days or week. I suggest that you build 1 backlink every other day to be safe. If you plan to build 16 high-quality backlinks, you’ll spread it from 15-30 days.

NOTE: IF YOU ARE BUILDING MASS BACKLINKS, FOLLOW THE SAME FORMULA. ONLY 2-3% OF YOUR MASS BACKLINKS WILL BE FOR YOUR MAIN KEYWORD/S,  THE OTHER 97% OF YOUR BACKLINKS WILL BE LSI KEYWORDS.

Conclusion

Well, look at you, my friend! You finished the book. It’s time to use this information and take it into action. What I suggest that you do is to focus on just one link building method first. Study it, test it and then apply it. When you feel like you already know how to do it properly, then you can focus on other link building tactics.  That’s how you learn SEO, you make it step by step. You study some little information and then you test it. And then you learn more and apply more. If you want to learn more about SEO and all the other topics about it (keyword research, kindle SEO, private blog network building etc.); please check out the rest of the series. Thanks again for reading and God bless you.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *